Exile Street Assignments

Because everyone needs a little daily motivation.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Assignment 11: Love thyself.

You feeling good, baby? Yeah? You like it when the lights are low? I like you, lights on or off, if you know what I mean, I think we-

What? Oh! Oh, right! The assignment. Sorry, I can be easily distracted, especially when what's on my mind is...

Love.

That's right. The Big 'L'. Today's assignment is one I think we're all going to enjoy doing:

Write a love letter to yourself.

Now, I don't care if it's written from your point of view or as someone else to you. It can be anonymously penned or you can sign it. The point of the exercise is to make yourself feel good by pointing out the qualities in yourself that you enjoy. For example, mine would read, "Oh, Sterling. I think your tendency to fantasize in the middle of giving out assignments is sooo sexy. I want you right now!"

And then I'd kiss my arm.

In fact, since it's TGIF, I want you to take this assignment up a notch. Add a little BAM! Emeril would say.

I want you, after writing this missive to yourself, to tell your friends you got a love letter, then read it to them.

Tell us how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home